In this article I’ll discuss the first step for ensuring of transparency between testing department and customer.
It is best to build the relationship in such a way that the customer sees what is happening and what he pays money for. Over time, if our relationship is transparent and we continue working with this person, this relationship is improving. This person begins trusting more and more.
Rule: Quality work + Full transparency of what is happening in the sum gives us confidence of the customer.
Let’s talk directly about the reporting.
A test summary report is a testing work product that formally summarizes the results of all testing on an endeavor.
Summarizes all of the testing that was performed since the previous test summary report.Enables project management and customer to know the status of project testing.
Project Management and end customer can:
- Get project testing status
- Get application quality status
- Take corrective actions, if required
- It should be in metrics, charts and table forms, if possible
- To write a test summary report, pre requisites are required – test plan should be completed, test execution should occur and respective test reports should be available.
Content of Test Summary Report
- Reference document
- Unit Testing
- Functionality Testing
- Integration Testing
- System Testing
- Interface Testing
- Performance Testing
- Regression Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Test Case Number
- Summary Review Date
For each kind of testing summarized, a test summary report will include the following information:
Test Suite Information:
- o Number of test suites planned.
- o Number and percentage of test suites implemented.
- o Number and percentage of test suites executed.
Test Case Information:
- o Number of test cases planned.
- o Number and percentage of test cases implemented.
- o Number and percentage of test cases executed.
- o Number and percentage of test cases passed.
- o Number and percentage of test cases failed.
- Test Summary
- Summary of Results
- Corrective Action Plan (CAP)