Or How We Built A Logistics App
AntiBAG Tahograf is a mobile application designed for truckers. This app automatically tracks and records driver's transit and idle time.
See the app on Google Play
Our client wanted to develop a mobile app that would track truckers' working hours. AntiBAG Tahograf had to track the time and notify when the driver must stop. Such app became very important for end-users (truckers) because they were incurring huge fines for violation of working and resting regimes.
The client had a precise description of his business idea and his own vision of graphic design. IntexSoft team compiled the project specification based on provided requirements and commenced the development process. Our work was constantly being tested - when our team have developed a version of the app, the client and his co-workers checked it in real working conditions. After the testing, they made a list of edits and additions required. Developers reviewed this list and came up with a new version of the app, which was tested on the road again.
IntexSoft team closely cooperated with direct end-users of the app – truckers. That was why developers were able to implement a variety of useful changes. For example, we found a solution for traffic tracking errors, witnessed especially in long tunnels that have no signal.
We used Google's comprehensive new security suite, Google Play Protect, to keep malware off Android devices and avoid hacking and data leakage.
Our team was able to arrange personal meetings with the client in IntexSoft office – we are located in the same city with the customer. In these meetings, our developers demonstrated the work done and discussed new ideas.
- Project manager
- UI/UX Designer
- 2 Android developers
- QA engineer
IntexSoft team used Scrum - agile software development framework.
- Native and Custom UI components
- The app is rated 4.7 on Google Play Store;
- It has over 1,000 downloads;
- The customer managed to get a return on his investments in a week.
- The app daily reminds the driver to specify the country he is driving in;
- All the necessary work timers;
- Sound notifications when the driver needs to make a stop or take off;
- Work calendar;
- Day/night display mode;
- Data protection in cases where the mobile device unexpectedly turns off, for example, due to low battery charge;
- Can work in offline mode (an access to the Internet is needed only during the first launch);
- Identification of exact location (GPS and network-based);
- Reading the contents of a USB drive, as well as changing or deleting any information on it.
“The management was really flexible and transparent during the project. I was highly impressed with their positive and professional attitude, appreciation of my ideas, and willingness to cooperate”.
Maxim Kuznecov, CEO, ZloyDalnoboy
See complete review on Clutch.co.